Welcome to People Training For Dogs(sm)


Build Over Agreements Sewers

If you are selling your property, we know that the manhole/drainage has been built and that the work is in accordance with our agreement. Upon request, we confirm this information to individuals or mortgages acting on behalf of a potential buyer. Given the impact of new creations and current construction requirements, which require new foundations to be at least 1 meter deep. The depth of these foundations and the extra weight of the new structure can lead to runoff or pipes, which in turn can cause sewage overflows. Can I build by a well? No, we do not allow internal wells due to the increased risk of internal flooding and olfactory problems, even if double-sealed blankets are used. Wells must be completely removed and driven by wells, must be rebuilt outside your extension, either on the sewer line or offset and connected by a Y crossing. If your application is an internal well, it will be rejected. How is the ownership of sewers and sewers determined? The property that starts the flow stroke is called the “race head.” This pipe is private. Once the pipe crosses the border into a third country, it becomes a “side flow”. As soon as the second piece of land flows into the side drainage, the pipe becomes a “public sewer”.

All sewers and side sewers built before July 1, 2011 and connected to our network are all part of the public sewer system owned by Thames Water and managed by Thames Water. There are different applications for different sizes of sewers. Class 1 1 160 mm in diameter or smaller (domestic/commercial) Class 2 160 – 375 mm in diameter Class 3 more than 375 mm Diameter For all classes, with the exception of Class 1 on the national territory, we must carry out, before the start of the work, a surveillance examination for the closed circuit (CCTV) to determine if repair work is necessary. Further examination is needed when your building is completed to verify that the sewers have not been damaged. If you have not obtained our consent, we may, in certain circumstances, require that you stop your work and that the buildings built above the public sewers be eventually demolished. We advise you to contact us at an early stage of the design process to avoid any delays or other problems. As Thames Water is legally responsible for the maintenance of these sewers and effluents, there are construction agreements to ensure that these elements have been taken into account when designing your proposed foundations. Any inspector who has verified a site on our behalf (either by a local authority or by an independent company) will inform us of developments that do not exceed the permitted authorization limits, that is. The building/extension has a certain length or if the channel/flow is particularly large or deep. If you live in an area where the LABC does not use the protocol (Cumbria, High Peak and Tameside) or if your licensed inspector has not signed up for our journal, contact us directly via our “Build over application form” (PDF 576 KB opens in a new window). This should be sent to When buying a property, a drainage and water search will be offered to you, including a plan indicating the location of the accepted sewers in relation to the property.

If accepted sewers are identified within the boundaries of the property, your developer should ask the seller`s lawyer if they have been built. You should also provide yourself with a copy of the report, including the plan, which shows the location of the adopted sewers. You`ve thought about improving your property by expanding it, or even finding a perfect location to build a new home.